Tuesday, July 20, 2010

So we like #Wikipedia ...

Every now and then, I am happily surprised with new functionality for OmegaWiki. This time Kipcool made our existing Wikipedia visible. When there are references to a Wikipedia article, he will point you to the article in your language.


The expression dólar shows the Dutch Wikipedia article for me. It will show the Spanish article for Ascander and the English article for Kipcool (the French and German article are not linked yet).

The link is added to the page with Javascript. This prevents additional load on our server. I hope you like it, it is an other excellent reason to dig into our annotions.
Thanks,
      GerardM

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I woke up with this new idea: we could also have the links to Commons show up in the same way.

How about that?

GerardM said...

Awesome ... and another reason to blog
Thanks,
GerardM

Malafaya said...

This isn't working very well for me. For some reason, I get a link to the Spanish Wikipedia (my language is set to Portuguese).

GerardM said...

Add the link to the pt.wikipedia and if your language is Portuguese, it should give you a link to the pt.wikipedia.
Thanks,
GerardM